While I was downing my second cup of it today, the question occurred to me, what is with this damn island and tea? When I lived in the states I might have tea once a week, if that. However from the moment I entered the United Kingdom, I've felt an undeniable attraction to this strange mixture of hot water and dried leaves.* Is it something in the water? Is it as my housemate Brett suggested and the British put a copious quantity of cocaine in their Earl Grey? Could there be an allele in the DNA of all people of English descent (including me - my mother's family's from York) that causes them to become tea junkies the moment they set foot on English soil? I don't know. All I do know is that since I got here I've been sipping my way through two cups a day. My favorite brand so far is Yorkshire Tea (appropriate, given my ancestry), which sells at Sainsbury's for 2.37 and comes with 80 teabags. At this rate, it's a good thing I'm buying in bulk.
*ok, so maybe "from the moment I entered the United Kingdom" is a slight exaggeration, but you get my point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment